Home » How To
Category Archives: How To
While using your NOW TV Box chances are that you often encounter the 014 error code. It is indeed one of the most common errors that crop up, and so it is best to know how to go about fixing this issue.
The error message states that you need to verify that the wireless router is turned on. It also states that you need to make sure that you have entered the password correctly. At this point, you are also reminded that passwords are case sensitive, as this could have been the problem. Once you have checked this out, you should be good to go. However the error message may still come up, and in that case you will need to know how to fix it. So here is a step by step guide which you can follow easy to enable you to do this.
- You will need to press certain buttons on your NOW TV remote control so as to go to the ‘Platform Secret’ screen.
- Press the Home button five times.
- Then press the Fast Forward button once.
- Press the Play button once.
- Press the Rewind button once.
- Once again press the Play button once.
- And then press the Fast Forward button once.
- After following this sequence of buttons, you should arrive on the ‘Platform Secret’ screen. If you have the current black NOW TV box, press on the ‘Systems Operations Menu’ and then click on the ‘Disable Network Pings’ option. If your NOW TV box is the older version in white, you will just have to choose the ‘Disable Network Pings’ option as it will be immediately accessible.
- After doing this, you should press the ‘Back’ button on your remote control. This is marked by an arrow pointing backwards. The button will need to be pressed until you arrive on the ‘Connection Setup’ screen.
- Once you are on this screen, try to connect to your network again. You will need to enter the right network ID and its password.
By following this step by step guide you should have managed to solve the problem. However, in case the problem persists, then the only option now is to hard reset your NOW TV box, and then try to connect it to your wireless network once again. However, the above guide should be a problem solver in the case of the error 014.
Find Yourself the Best Family Law Solicitor
When one is faced with a divorce, it is normal to feel confused and uneasy. There are so many things that need to be taken into account and decided from now on. Therefore, many people tend to contact the first divorce lawyer that they find, without giving much thought as to whether he or she is indeed the best choice or not.
Choosing a suitable divorce lawyer is very important as he/she will be the one who will be guiding you through the whole process. Trying out different divorce lawyers is not recommended as it is a waste of time and money to do this. However, you do not want to end up sticking with a divorce lawyer who you do not feel confident with. So it is important to know what to look for when looking for a divorce lawyer.
Here are some tips which will help you make a good choice:
The Role of your Divorce Lawyer
The divorce lawyer is a legal professional, and so it is important to bear this in mind. You cannot consider him/her to be your therapist, even though at the time you feel you need emotional support. However the divorce lawyer is primarily there to assist you through the legal intricacies of your divorce. So to strike a good balance between these two needs, try to find a divorce lawyer who is also able to be emphatic.
Being Focused & Realistic
The divorce process is generally a long and tedious one, not to mention emotional and expensive so if possible, you may want to explore alternatives to divorce. You need a lawyer who, apart from knowing his/her job, is also able to get you divorced quickly. To do this you cannot end up focusing on every little material thing. The more litigious you are, the more time consuming and expensive the divorce will trun out to be. So a realistic and objective demeanour is important here. The divorce lawyer will try to help in the reasoning of things, the effects of each decision, and finally the negotiation of the final terms.
Researching & Interviewing
Spending some time researching different divorce lawyers and asking for recommendations is very important. Nowadays, this process is simplified thanks to the internet, where you can look up reviews too so as to see what other clients had to say about their experience with that particular lawyer. Once you have shortlisted some potential divorce lawyers who have good reviews and ratings, and thus seem to be professional and helpful, you may wish to interview them one by one so as to get a better idea of how you feel with each one of them before choosing one.
You will need a divorce lawyer who is experienced and knowledgeable, and at the same time patient with you. You deserve to understand the process and what is going on, and so a good lawyer will also be willing to communicate with you, solve problems and be empathetic. Another word of caution – be aware of whether the lawyer is able to make time for you. If you notice that most of the time he/she answers calls or is distracted by other cases, stay away from him/her. You need to hire a lawyer who is ethical, respectful and attentive to your case.
Bearing these tips in mind will help you determine the suitability of a divorce lawyer. You also need to focus on your needs. Every case is different from another. You may be more concerned about getting the proper portion of your assets and property rather than anything else. Conversely, when there are children involved, there may be more pressure on divorce guardianship matters. Should there be problems with harassment, you will most probably be seeking proper protection from harassment and injunctions primarily. So, you need to discuss your case in depth with the lawyer so as to determine whether he/she is the most suitable divorce lawyer for your particular needs and wishes. Property disputes tend to be less problematic than disputes which revolve around emotional matters like child protection and harassment. So make sure to choose a divorce lawyer who has experience in that particular field.
The choice of your divorce lawyer will most likely be the main determinant of the outcome of your case. So, the importance of choosing a good divorce lawyer can never be emphasized strongly enough. Take your time in reviewing potential divorce lawyers and try not to be quick in making your choice. Even though some lawyers may charge higher fees than others, in the long run experience and skill in handling divorce matters will pay off. So, try to avoid placing costs as the primary factor when choosing a divorce lawyer. His or her experience, skill, character and dedication will ultimately make a huge difference in how your divorce case proceeds, and how satisfied you end up being, or not.
Be Kind to your Feet During Exercise
Running shoes are a must in everyone’s wardrobe. Be it for that daily walk or jog, or if you engage in some sort of activity or exercise, having a good pair of running shoes is very important. Nowadays the market is literally inundated with all sorts of running shoes. These vary in terms of styles, colors, brands and prices. As a result, one might be a bit confused as to what factors to consider when choosing a pair of running shoes. One thing is for sure – if you are going to be wearing your running shoes daily, you need to ensure that they are really good. Besides being comfortable and of a correct fit, your running shoes have a critical role in helping in the prevention of certain foot problems, such as planta fasciitis and shin splints. So, a running shoes purchase needs to be done wisely and carefully.
What to Consider When Buying Running Shoes
First of all you will need to consider the shape of your feet. There are flat feet, neutral feet, and high arches. Flat feet generally have fallen arches, and so they are more prone to overpronation. High arched feet are the opposite of flat feet, whereas neutral feet are the normal kind, which fall in between the other two types. High arched feet tend to be more rigid, and it is easy for one to end up landing on the outside edge of his or her feet. Depending on the type of feet you have, you will need to opt for a running shoes model which will properly accommodate your feet. For those who have flat feet it is important to purchase running shoes that help prevent overpronation. If you have high arches, you will need to stick to running shoes that have more cushioning or padding for your midsole.
A gait analysis is another important element when it comes to the selection of the correct type of running shoes. This is basically a method of assessing the way one walks or runs, in order to better evaluate biomechanical abnormalities. Based on this analysis, it will be easier to assign the right type of running shoes for that individual’s needs. Gait analysis is important for professional runners, as it provides important information about one’s running style, level of pronation, as well as in highlighting any areas which might be having an effect on the runner’s efficiency and performance. Ultimately, gait analysis also helps in preventing certain injuries, because when making a well-informed buying decision, one will be able to prevent certain foot problems and injuries by wearing running shoes that are ideal for his/her foot structure, level of pronation and individual needs.
For professional runners, it is even more important to choose the correct type of running shoes in order to prevent common running injuries. Some injuries include runner’s knee, shin splints, Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis ankle sprains and stress fractures. Most of these are related to an inflammation resulting from lack of support from the shoes one wears and the strain that is exerted when running for long distances. It is thus critical to take the time to buy running shoes that are suitable for one’s specific needs, which will be specified according to the feet’s structure, and the type and level of running or exercise one intends to engage in.
When buying running shoes you will also need to take into consideration the type of terrain which you shall be walking, jogging or running on. Will you be using them mostly on asphalt, or on grass, or just to exercise on your treadmill? Even though there are multi-terrain running shoes, it is always best to take into account the terrain that you will be running on, as this will have a considerable effect on the soles of the running shoes you buy. If you intend to go on rugged terrain and steep hills, it is important to invest in a pair of running shoes that have a sole that offers more support and protection like Brooks running shoes. You will be coming across stones, pebbles, and twigs, among various other things, and so you need a sole that offers more structure. There are running shoes that have soles with lugs which are more spaced out, with the prime intention of allowing the release of mud and any build-up more easily. On the other hand, softer soled running shoes are more suitable for technical courses. Having said that, it is important to bear in mind that the softer the sole is, the greater the adhesion will be. However, there is the question of durability to factor in as well. There are many reputable brands who have been introducing various advancements in the design of soles, and in their construction, in an attempt to offer the best in terms of design, durability, stability and traction.
While creating and building, you tend to have several leftovers from wood boards and sheets that you would like to store away just in case. Sometimes even the smallest piece of wood can come in handy. Besides it would be a pity to simply throw them away as chances are you will use some of them while building something else in the future. However since these pieces of wood are of various different sizes and shapes, you would prefer to store them in an organized way. You do not want to end up with a pile of wood cluttering part of your workshop or garage. So a simple cut off bin could do the trick to store them away neatly. Building a portable cut-off bin is actually quite simple, and considering how practical and useful it can be, it is certainly worth building one. Let us outline how you can go about it in some more detail.
First you will need to use a full sheet of plywood or purchase a sheet of MDF. 8inch by 4inch, and at least 18mm deep, will be fine. Even though both plywood and MDF are good materials, it is better to opt for plywood as it is stronger and more moisture resistant than MDF. So considering that the cut-off bin might be placed outdoors, it is best to stick to plywood.
You will need four casters so as to attach them to the bin for portability purposes. You will also need four corner L-brackets, and a box of self-tapping screws.
You will need an electric drill with a 2mm wood drill bit. You will also need a hand saw or a circular saw to cut the various parts.
- You will need to start cutting the various parts of the bin first. Since every piece will be with straight edges there is no complicated cutting in this project. Start by cutting the main pieces, that is, the two sides of the bin, and the centre panel. Give them a light sanding to remove any splinters or rough edges.
- Next come another two pieces of exactly the same size of the centre piece.
- Now you will need to cut the front panel and the base panel of the bin.
- Cut the dividers that will be placed within the bin. With two dividers you will have four compartments. This should be good enough to organize the various pieces of wood you will be storing inside the bin.
- Last but not least cut the back panel.
- You should start by attaching the centre piece and the two other pieces which are exactly the same shape and size of this panel, in their respective parts. Measure the length of the base panel so as to mark the centre with a pencil. Then measure 5cm from either edge and drill two holes through the base panel.
- Have someone hold them for you so that you can create a T-shape. Screw the base panel to the centre divider panel using wood screws. Repeat this to the other two pieces. When done you should have a W-shaped formation.
- Your frame is already taking shape at this point. Carefully turn it over to attach the back panel to it. You will definitely need someone to hold the panels in place until you attach them or use some suitable wood clamps. Always drill pilot holes and then use the wood screws to fix them in place. 1inch wood screws should be enough for a sturdy frame.
- Now mark where the dividers will be attached. This is important to attach the L-brackets accordingly.
- Place the first L-bracket in place and drill gently to make two shallow pilot holes. Screw the L-bracket onto the panel. Repeat with the other brackets.
- Slide the dividers one by one into the frame. Then start screwing each one of them to the centre panel with the brackets.
- Afterwards screw the outer panels to the interior divider panels by drilling pilot holes and then using wood screws.
- Next, lay the frame on its back, place the outer panel over the front opening, and drill pilot holes along the bottom area. Continue to drill on the two sides and the centre line, and finally attach with the wood screws.
- Your bin’s frame is now ready. The last step is to attach the four casters to the base. Lay it on its back and mark the holes you will be drilling one by one. Then screw each caster in place with the wood screws.
Your portable cut-off bin is assembled and all that remains is to finish it off. This is obviously optional, but by giving it a light sanding especially along the edges to get rid of any splinters, it will look neater. Then, you may stain it with wood varnish or paint. Once it is dry, fill it up with all those leftover pieces of wood you have piled up! At last they are now neatly organized!